The day before the interview:
- Plan the travel time and be punctual. This is important to avoid stress and give a good first impression.
- Check out the company’s website! Take the time to find out about the company’s activities, latest news, main competitors, and values so you understand the sector and its challenges.
On the day of the interview:
- Break the ice in the first 10 minutes of the interview; transform a formal interview into a cordial exchange.
- Reassure the interviewer of your skills
- Reveal your desire, motivation and energy for the position
- Smile to create a bond and make people want to work with you
- Practice rephrasing the job description and make sure you understand it
- Prepare and memorise essential questions you might be asked
- Be frank and sincere (about your choices, your motivations, etc.)
- Prove you have the skills requested in the job offer
- Prepare concrete examples related to your position :
- Sales: talk about figures/results
- Purchasing: talk about your negotiation skills
- Development: demonstrate what you know about the tools/technology required
- Creation: present examples of your past projects
It’s essential that you have questions to ask about the job to show your curiosity and motivation, and take notes! This gives a professional vibe.
Remember to send an email after the interview to reiterate your motivation to join the company.